Everyone is now connected to the internet, and no company can survive without it. What will you do if the network is down? When there is some issue in it and your work suffers. This is the time when these professional come to our help.
In today’s internet age, professional networking experts (computer network administrator) are required in every organization.
Take a look at few points that say why do we need them?
- Network creation – They create system according to the organization’s requirements. There are many types of these like LAN, WAN, GAN etc., these all are handled by them. Usually they create a Local Area Network (LAN) for a company.
- Setting – After creating a LAN or WAN according to the company’s needs and size, administrator will do the setup. They arrange configurations and set it so that it could work without any problems.
- Managing – This is one of the main tasks they generally do. It is not every day that you create and setup a system. After creating it, it is their responsibility to manage it so that all the tasks can be done smoothly.
- Monitoring – These professionals keep monitoring the network, its issues any security problems, traffic etc. They handle the daily traffic, user accounts of the organization’s employees, backups. They keep an eye on everything for any future concerns. They do regular testing to check the status and security.
- Hardware & Software – It is also their responsibility to make sure that all the needed hardware and software is available. They install the software and manage the hardware to keep everything functioning properly. They keep every system updated.
- Security – These administrators use various security options (like software) to secure the network. They install software and do regular troubleshoot for any kind of security problems. It is their work to keep the company’s network secure and trouble free.
- Handling the problems – Whenever there is some problem in systems, these specialists come for the rescue. They can handle any kind of system related issues and solve them. If the network is down, not working or showing issues, administrators are called to handle the situations. They make certain of it that every system is running without any issues.
Jobs in this field are on rise, but to get one you must have a certification to prove your skills. Individuals looking forward to make a career in this field can get computer networking training from a professional institute, and kick start their career.
After completing training, you become an expert in the field and, which makes you eligible for a good job opportunity in this profile.