Computer technicians are the professionals who repair and maintain computer systems and laptops. The responsibilities of a PC technician also include PC assembling, installing new software, configuring new hardware, creating and maintaining computer networks etc.
The exact duties of computer technicians vary according to the specific job and experience. Depending upon the type of job, computer specialists can work repair tech, network tech, customer service tech, server tech, computer forensic tech etc.
Regardless of their specialization, most PC experts start their career in the respective field by getting A+ Certification. This is a PC technician certification course that covers various things such as computer fundamentals and technology, and troubleshooting skills needed to handle common issues.
A+ certification course is designed by the Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA). The A plus certification is a proof of individuals’ in-depth knowledge and experience in installation, assembling, hardware configuration, customization, and working of personal computers.
If you want to pursue your career in this evergreen field, join CompTIA course offered by accredited computer training center so to gain theoretical knowledge and real world experience to work as PC tech. Various topics that you will cover during CompTIA training include PC hardware, Networking, Operating Systems, Laptop & portable devices, Configuring the printers, and others.
Let’s take a look on the key skills and knowledge that you will get after completing A Plus certification.
- Familiarity with the basics of software, networking techniques, hardware and its configuration, cyber security etc.
- A+ professional can identify various types of hardware and their function, use of peripheral devices, different types of network components and their purpose.
- PC tech can classify and explain different types of data storage devices. They also understand the use of backup media.
- Understand the various types of PC motherboard components and their functions.
- In-depth knowledge of various computer safety procedures and their effective implementation.
- The certified professionals can perform software installation, hardware configuration, PC upgrading, maintenance, repair, installation of Windows Operating System, and networking related tasks.
- The professionals can install and setup peripheral devices such as mouse, keyboard, printers, scanners, touch screens etc.
- They understand various troubleshooting techniques and procedures for their right implementation. They can easily locate area of faults and can fix errors in computer. They can also handle networking connectivity related problems.
- The certified computer professionals gain interpersonal communication skills to effectively deal with customers and peers.