Electrocardiogram or EKG technician are the well-qualified and trained professionals that works either in hospitals or clinics where they conduct and evaluate cardiovascular tests on patients.
They are an integral part of heath care team at hospital where they assist heart specialists in performing heart diagnosis, overseeing, and accurately analyzing test reports. These tests require operating of various EKG machines, which is possible with the assistance of skilled EKG technician.
For medical aspirants who want to become an electrocardiogram technician, EKG training prepares medical students, with necessary skills and knowledge, so that they can find better job opportunities in the cardiology field.
The EKG training school provides medical aspirants all-inclusive learning environment so to make you able to play a contributing role in various heart related activities or tests, such as accurate diagnosis for various heart conditions etc., in the related heart care facility.
Some of the core subjects that an electrocardiogram technician training program covers are:
- EKG interpretation
- The electrical transmission system and waveforms
- Measurement of waveforms
- Detailed anatomy and functioning of the heart
- Heart rate computation
- Knowledge of electrocardiography and echocardiography
- Detailed knowledge of EKG machine and its various components
- Infection control
- Circulation of blood through the heart and vessels
- First aid and heart safety
- Holter monitoring and the echocardiogram
Skills, knowledge, abilities required to works as an electrocardiogram technician:
Knowledge of purpose and functioning of heart diagnosis machines
- They must have ability to read and understand the meaning of cardiogram results
- They must have knowledge of heart anatomy and variety of associated heart conditions
- Basic mathematical skills to measure heart rates
- They must be polite in communication with patients as well as doctors
- They must have skills to make patients understand about their heart problems and associated treatments
- Want-to-learn attitude
- They should be professional in their behavior
- They must have ability to handle critical situations at workplace in calm manner
Work Environment for EKG techs
The work hours for electrocardiogram technicians depends upon the specific job or on position in the related heart facility
- Highly-stressed and busywork environment, as technicians have to interact with heart doctors, patients, and other staff members on daily basis
- The job involves moving, standing, sitting
- Moving and lifting of equipment for executing heart tests
Duties and Responsibilities handled by electrocardiogram technicians:
- Assist in the procedure of EKG test and supervise the use of heart machines
- Explains the necessary details about the test to the patient before starting with the test
- Attaching electrocardiograms electrodes to the patients’ body and at the same time they have to keep patient calm and relaxed
- After the completion of the test, they removes all heart diagnosis tools from patient’s body
- Sterilize and place equipment to its proper position after use
- Directs holter tests during which the heart activity of the patents is monitored for 24 hours
- Ensures all heart diagnosis related machines are working properly and area ready to use and more.
EKG training school is a right source of gaining necessary skills and knowledge to become an electrocardiogram technician.